Dedication of Stars
The Bavarian Public Observatory Munich offers Dedications of Stars as an interesting option for a very special gift.
Alas, you cannot buy or rename stars in the heavens.
BUT we offer you a special chance to dedicate a star to a single person:
- You name us a person to whom you want to give this special present and we send to you a nice colored star document, including a small star map, showing the constellation which holds the chosen star. The star document can be created in German, English or French language.
- We add the star and its sponsor to our "register of dedicated stars", which is published in the public observatory.
For only 45 Euro you can buy a dedication of a faint star. Please order our information package including the order form for additional details.
With a "Dedication of stars" you directly support the Bavarian Public Observatory. The observatory has been providing astronomical education and services to the public for more than 60 years, heavily relying on the honorary efforts of our members.
How to purchase a "Dedication of Stars"
- First you need our order form and information package:
Please send a request to the Bavarian Public Observatory, by using the form below or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Give us your name and
email address or postal address
and select how you want to receive the information package. Of course you can also call us (+49-89-406239).
You will receive our complete information package (written in German language) including a order form and price-list within a few days.
- Fill out the order form, send it back to us (best by email) and render the payment.
- You will get the requested document and star map immediately after we have received your payment. (Please allow up to 2 weeks of processing.)
In the form we have marked obligatory fields with the information we need to process your request.
All other information is optional. Of course we process your data discretely and follow applicable law,
in our case the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation. You find more details in German in our privacy notice,